The Theremidi is a robotic theremin player that I built as my end of high school project. It can be controlled with any MIDI-capable device or through a serial port, and can tune itself with the help of a hacked, off-the-shelf chromatic tuner. This was the result:
- [catalan] http://robocat.weebly.com/theremidi.html
- [catalan] http://www.ub.edu/ubtv/video/que-investiguem-al-batxillerat-theremidi-un-robot-que-toca-el-theremin
- [catalan] http://lluischt.tumblr.com/post/23038100592
- [spanish] http://okokitsme.blogspot.com.es/2009/04/recerca-en-directe-y-2-theremidi.html
- [spanish] http://www.ub.edu/ubtv/video/que-investigamos-en-el-bachillerato-theremidi-un-robot-que-toca-el-theremin
For those curious, here are some images from the inside.