Get the pdf version here.
Jump to | interests | professional experience | education | awards | leadership |
Machine Perception, Acoustics, Deep Learning.
September 2017 – Present
January 2017 – July 2017
Consultancy work in Deep Learning.
McGill University, Department of Music Research
Research and Teaching Assistant
April 2014 – June 2014, May 2015 – July 2015, November 2015 – August 2017
Member of the Computational Acoustic Modeling Laboratory (CAML) and the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT). Working on the study of bowed strings, including a collaboration with MUSMAP, the Marie Curie IOF action led by Esteban Maestre.
TA for MUMT 306, Music and Audio Computing I, in Fall 2016. This course teaches the fundamentals of the MIDI and OSC protocols, and introduces the students to MaxMSP, Arduino, C++, and the RtMidi library.
Software Engineering Intern
Mountain View, CA
May 2016 – September 2016
Developed novel audio analysis methods with the Machine Perception team.
Telefónica Digital, R&D Department
Research Engineer (intern)
November 2014 – May 2015
Implemented a production-ready multi-corpus speech recognition system with the Kaldi framework powered by Deep Neural Networks, including the provision of documentation, benchmarks, and training to the team.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Engineering Division
Software Engineer (intern)
Berkeley, California, USA
July 2013 – September 2013
Deployed a private GitLab version control server for the group. Designed and implemented a front-end for running and plotting data generated by a Linear Accelerator simulator. Designed and implemented a framework using BackboneJS, NodeJS, Redis, and C for concurrent data streaming and visualization, as an experimental monitoring tool for the particle accelerators in the laboratory.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Music Technology Group
Research Assistant / Web Developer
March 2012 – July 2014
Initially part of the EU ICT-FET SIEMPRE project team (http://www.infomus.org/siempre/), where I worked on client-side development of Repovizz, a framework for remote storage, browsing, annotation, and exchange of multi-modal data. I designed and implemented its 3D visualizer and the collaborative browsing mode. From there, I became a core maintainer of the system, and participated in the design and architecture of the next version.
I later did some research on violin performance and physical modeling as part of the MUSMAP project team, as part of my Bachelor’s thesis.
MA in Music Technology
September 2015 – Present
Graduate seminars on Computational Acoustic Modeling, Timbre Perception and Cognition, Time-Frequency Distributions, and Machine Learning.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
MSc. in Mathematical Modeling for Science and Engineering
September 2014 – July 2015
Multidisciplinary Master’s Program by the Mathematics department that offers a combination of heterogeneous parallel programming, differential equations, and stochastic modeling.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
BSc. in Audiovisual Systems Engineering
September 2010 – July 2014
A mix of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering that targets the development of novel multimedia systems.
Projects on audio, image and video processing and coding, machine learning, convex optimization, 3D audio, acoustics, optics, data structures, operating systems and neuroscience, among others.
Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya (ESMUC)
BA in Music, Sonology track
September 2009 – September 2014
A music degree with generalist music-related training and a focus on the study of sound: sound recording, acoustics, synthesizers, novel interactive systems, and digital instruments.
Projects on music history and theory, composition, ear training, aesthetics, sound engineering, digital musical interfaces, sound synthesis, philosophy of science, pedagogy, music business and world music, among others.
Jazz Violin (with Prof. Oriol Saña) and Chamber Music lessons.
- Multimedia Information and Signal Processing, Aalborg University, Denmark (2012)
- Intensive Program on Electronic Music, Cosenza Conservatory, Italy (2011)
- Massive open online course on Artificial Intelligence at http://ai-class.com (2011)
- WearHacks Montreal 2015, Best use of the Myo Armband and Best use of the Nuance NLU API
- Schulich Scholar ($20k excellence scholarship across 2 years of study)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Extraordinary graduation award 2015
- MWC WIPJam Hackathon Barcelona 2014, Best in Show and Best use of Intel XDK and Mashery API
- Music Hack Day Barcelona 2011, SONAR Best Hack Runner-up
- International Collegiate Programming Contest 2011, SWERC Regionals, Special Mention
- University Entrance Exams, top 100 over 20k, 2009
- National Math Contest, top 100 over 4k, 2006
- National Writing Contest, 7th classified, 2005
Leadership and volunteering
- Systems support at the International Symposium on Musical Acoustics 2017.
- Technical supervisor and co-organizer of the Barcelona Fiddle Congress 2013.
- Jury member at the Exporecerca Youth Research Fair 2013 and 2014, Barcelona, Spain.
- Co-instructor of the Tangible Embedded Linux studio at the 7th Int. Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction 2013, Barcelona, Spain.
- Main technician at the Symposium on Music Pedagogy 2012, ESMUC, Barcelona, Spain.
- Instructor of the Laptop Orchestra Workshop at the Pure Data Conference 2011, Bauhaus University, Weimar, Germany.
- Staff at the Sound and Music Computing Conference 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
- Barcelona Laptop Orchestra core member, active performer, active developer 2009-2012.
- Violinist at several nationally acclaimed orchestras, including JONC, 2009-2015.